Massey Ferguson tractor stolen in farm theft in Somerset
A Massey Ferguson tractor (pictured above) has been stolen after a farm was broken into in Horton near Ilminster, Somerset.
The theft occurred between 10:00pm on February 1 and 6:00am on February 2.
Avon and Somerset Police are asking that anyone with information call them on 101 quoting crime number 5221023215.
NFU Mutual Tips To Secure Farm Vehicles
- Remove keys from tractors, quads and loaders when they are not in use and keep them locked in a secure building;
- Keep your machine locked up and out of sight – thieves often stake out a farm before they raid, so where possible store machinery in a locked building or where it can’t be seen from the road;
- Use the CESAR marking and registration system – markings make your property less attractive to criminals and can help recover your belongings if they are stolen;
- Install immobilisers and trackers on tractors, loaders and quads – thieves can’t take what they can’t start and won’t want to be found if they make off with your property;
- Know what you own – take pictures of your vehicle and record all serial numbers;
- Join a local rural watch group linked to SPARC and report any sightings of suspicious activity.