AgriWebb to host UK’s first ever ‘Digital Farm Walk’
Plans are well underway for the UK’s first ‘digital farm walk’. Hosted by AgriWebb, the event will take place on Wednesday, April 22.
Highlights of the all-day, free online event include:
- A keynote session on the state of the industry from John Mercer, director at NFU Cymru and Emma Picton-Jones, founder of DPJ Foundation, a mental health charity supporting those in agriculture.
- Caroline Mason, head of Agriculture at Co-op Food, on Co-op’s position in the marketplace, the impact of COVID-19 including current impact on food supply chains from farm gate to the retail shelf, a forward look to the future of food in 2030, and an insight into the company’s relationships with farmers.
- Farmers Rhidian Glyn (winner of the British Farming Awards 2018 (new entrant) and owner of Rhiwgriafol) and Rob Hodgkins (owner of Kaiapoi) offering a ‘peek over the fence’, sharing advice based on their current operations, use of technology and future plans.
The full agenda for the interactive day can be found below. All sessions will be recorded for those who have registered in advance, meaning you can sign up even if you’re busy during a session you’d really like to attend.
With farmers already more isolated than most, the need to maintain communication, hear from industry leaders, and share best practice feels more crucial than ever, Campbell Mauchan, UK general manager at AgriWebb, explained.
“Through our close relationships with farmers, we feel it’s vital to bring a range of experts and the community together at this time,” he said.
We want to address the practicalities of farm management and the state of the industry right now, as well as give farmers the opportunity to see how others are bringing innovation to their operations.
“To keep spirits up, we’ll even cap off the event with virtual beers!”
The first Digital Farm Walk event follows AgriWebb’s launch into the UK earlier this month, after an exclusive early adopters program.
This included testing, researching and developing for UK farmers’ specific needs, alongside 100 British beef and sheep farmers to ensure AgriWebb’s farm management software more than meets the demands of the UK industry.
- 10:00am: Welcome! Industry update and #sharingtheload
John Mercer – Director at NFU Cymru
Emma Picton-Jones – Founder of DPJ Foundation
- 11:00am: A peek over the fence at Rhiwgriafol
Rhidian Glyn – Owner and Manager at Rhiwgriafol
- 12:00pm: Live in the moment – supply chain update
Caroline Mason – Head of Agriculture at Co-op Food
- 1:00pm: A peek over the fence at Kaiapoi
Rob Hodgkins – Owner at Kaiapoi
- 2:00pm: The future of animal nutrition
Bryn Hughes – National Beef and Sheep Expert at Wynnstay
David Howard – Head of Dairy Technical Services at Wynnstay
- 3:00pm: Improving your farm finances with cloud-based tools
Nick Barraclough – Partner Success Manager at Figured
- 4:00pm: What is AgriWebb? A live demo + case study
Beth Cambidge – Customer Success Manager at AgriWebb
Dan Pritchard – Farmer at Weobly Castle
- 5:00pm: Farming tales & virtual beers
Michael Blanche – The Pasture Pod
Gareth Davies – Gareth’s Grassland Advisory Services
Huw Davies – Llandre
Those interested can register free for the Digital Farm Walk here.