Eight Aurivo milk suppliers from seven counties were recognised for their excellence in milk production at the annual Aurivo Milk Quality Awards held recently in The Clarion Hotel in Co. Sligo.
Now in its ninth year, the Aurivo Milk Quality Awards identifies and rewards Aurivo milk suppliers who exemplify excellence in milk production.
Aurivo is one of Ireland’s leading multipurpose co-operatives, with businesses in consumer foods, dairy ingredients, retail stores, animal feeds, livestock trading and timber processing.
The co-op exports to 50 countries and employs about 700 people worldwide. In 2015, it reported sales of €420 million.
The top award was won by brothers Ian and David Lamberton from Donegal. Milking 270 Holstein Friesians, the brothers are supported on the farm by their sons Gareth and Christopher.
“Aurivo processed record volumes of milk in 2015 and we continued to build strong partnerships with retail customers, while also growing our brands,” said Aaron Forde, Chief Executive of Aurivo, at the awards.
“From Aurivo’s portfolio of local, regional and national dairy brands to our dairy products destined for Africa, Afghanistan or Central America, all of our customers expect perfection in every litre of milk and every kilogramme of product.”
Forde said Aurivo can only do that with the work, support and excellence of its supplier base.
“The annual Aurivo Milk Quality Awards serve to highlight and reward dairy farming excellence in our region for the dedication and commitment of our milk suppliers, to producing the highest quality milk throughout 2015,” said Tom Cunniffe, Chairman of Aurivo, at the awards.
Category Award Winners
- Highest Percentage Milk Solids: David Henry,Roscrib House, Ballymote, Co. Sligo
- Lowest SCC: Cathal and Des McHugh,Cuilreveagh, Strokestown, Co. Roscommon
- Best Performing New Entrant: Michael Coyne,Lisdaulan, Knockcroghery, Co. Roscommon
- Most Improved SCC: Ian and David Lamberton,Fahan, Co. Donegal
- Lowest TBC Manufacturing Milk: Thomas and Noreen Mc Donagh, Cloghanover, Headford, Co.Galway
- Lowest TBC Liquid Milk: Haesel and Tom Dickson,Ballinakill, Moate, Co. Westmeath
- Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme: Eddie and Colin Dowd,Tullysleva, Cloghans, Ballina, Co. Mayo
- Best Performing N.I. Supplier: Matt Millar, Randalstown, Co. Antrim