How to plan the best route to the 2016 Balmoral Show
Large crowds are expected at the 148th Balmoral Show which takes place in Lisburn next week from May 11 to 13 at Balmoral Park.
Therefore, it’s important to plan your route to the showgrounds in advance and to comply with local traffic restrictions.
Driving to the Balmoral Show
- From West: Take the M1 to junction 8 and follow the directional signage.
- From North West: Take the M1 to junction 8 and follow the directional signage.
- From Lisburn: Take the Moira Road out of Lisburn and follow directional signage.
- From Belfast: Travel South on the M1, coming off at Sprucefield and follow directional signage to Balmoral Park.
- From North East: Travel South on the M1, coming off at Sprucefield and follow directional signage to Balmoral Park.
- From South: Travel up the A1 dual carriageway and follow directional signage.
A complimentary shuttle service to Balmoral Park will operate from Lisburn Train station between 8.30am and 9pm to the new Showgrounds.
Translink is asking visitors to plan their journeys in advance and leave extra time to make onward train connections.
Visitors who use the Translink shuttle bus or special coach daytours will also enjoy priority show entry, organisers have confirmed.
The show opens at 9.30am Wednesday through Friday and closes at 8.30pm Wednesday and Thursday. The Balmoral Show comes to a close at 8pm on Friday.
Admission on the door on the day is as follows:
- Adult (Over 18) – £18.
- Youth (12-18 years) – £12.
- Seniors (Over 65) – £14.
- Child (5-11 years) – £3.
- Children under 5 years are free.